Monday 19 March 2012

First Blog, Wish Me Luck

Since starting university in September I was a nice normal lovely girl, maybe a little bit boring but who isn’t?



Then BAM I am thrown into the world of living on my own, making new friends and finding myself. The last one is maybe the hardest of them all. Actually forget the maybe, it IS the hardest of them all. I am fine with living on my own I never really felt like I clicked in my household, and friend wise yes I didn’t have many friends but they were good friends and that’s all anyone would want to ask for, right? But finding myself is something that I am still trying to do, I am doing thing I never ever thought I would be doing and acting like this person I just don’t recognise. Not only do I not recognise this person I am becoming I am not sure if I want to become this horrible girl that messes people around and has no morals.



So how do I stop myself becoming this mess of a girl? How am I going to draw a line between the me I used to be and the now me and find an in between that I fit into. I wouldn’t be able to go back to being boring and honestly a nobody.



I have never been the most confident of girls, I would have never gone up to a lad in a club and start chatting and dancing with them but this girl now is so confident she, I quote got called “too forward” this lad that called me that was most likely a munter because no lads are amazingly hot from the university I go to but the pre drinking had got to me (no change there, but that is another story completely). Before September I would have been waiting for a lad to come up to me and if they would have I would have been too shy to do anything about it.



What I am trying to say (which I haven’t expressed very well) is that is confidence really a good thing? I don’t know if guys find it attractive, when I go out I really do not care I just go on up and if they knock me back who cares there are plenty more lads that I can have a cheeky flirt with. And why shouldn’t I like who I am becoming? We are told constantly to love who we are, but who actually loves who they are?



Because I’m guessing no one ….



Try your best to be true to yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment