Saturday 28 April 2012

A Bit of Thursday Mornings

I’m sat here thinking of what exactly to write, I have been thinking all week that I wanted to write a new blog but nothing has really happened. Okay so yes lots of things have happened this week, my student loan came, so yes a definite shop was in order and I got to see most of my lovely University friends but other than catching up on everyone else’s gossip it has been so uninspiring (no offense guys!).

Normally I feel inspired after a night out, which I’m always out on a Wednesday so I thought I would find something that would get the words flowing but no… nothing.

Although I do love a night out, I think I love talking about what happened almost as much the day after. It is a Thursday morning ritual for me to walk into my early morning lecture (looking lovely and rough) and just retell the night out to the Education girls. This week I unfortunately did not go to this lecture because it was about next year’s modules and I am changing course also getting up at eight o’clock was not very appetising at four o’clock when I got into bed. I think that has been one of the most disappointing moments of my week not going in and believe me it has been disappointing, returning to an empty house at Northampton to have NO INTERNET was a very low moment.

I’m not sure if when I get into the lecture and quickly spill the night out to the girls if they enjoy it as much as me but it has become one of them weekly things, a must do. I’m also not sure if it is a good or bad thing they started to expect me to spill out all the details of my week’s antics. But to think that this ritual is never going to happen again makes me think just how fast this year has actually gone. Although I do love a Thursday I loved a Monday and a Tuesday as well (yes three day week, not too hard a life).

I walked into my lecture on Monday, okay a tiny bit late but very stressed to find that I had a gold star, yes I said right, my lecturer had given all the good attenders gold stars, because they are obviously amazing. And then the same lecturer gave me another gold sticker only this one was even better because it said “amazing work” it even had a picture of a cat on as well. Sometimes it really is the littlest things that make your day, the sticker made up for the fact he did not bring us chocolate. Everyone loves a bit of chocolate lets be honest.

There is always going to be a chance for belated Thursday morning chats and there is always going to be little things that make your day. Be positive and live life to the full and nothing can go wrong.
Always try your best to be true to yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment